I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
Reblog this!! This can save somebody’s life!
do not scroll down.
So…I’m reading Fangirl :) Characters Belong to Rainbow Rowell
Jesus H. Christ on a bike — you are INCREDIBLY talented.
I saw these two and immediately knew they were Cath and Wren, before I even looked!
SO GOOD. And so exactly the way I described them.
Thank you so much for reading my book!!
My eyeglasses prescription has changed three times since I started working in publishing eight years ago.
Reading all the time
We can’t read this but we’re assuming it’s funny and true.
Hahaha good one Random House.
Reblog if you love to write.
Whether it be fanfiction, original stories, drabbles, songs, poems, books, or anything that has to do with creative words, then reblog. Let’s gather all the writers of Tumblr together.
That’s so me right now. I’m staring at my screen like, how do I story?
There is nothing creepier than one of your child’s toys randomly going off in the middle of the night.
I repeat, nothing.
I dunno, my cat randomly jumped last night at nothing…she was sleeping, and then suddenly she had fallen off the couch into the blinds and sat under the couch for a long time all fluffed out and breathing heavily and staring around with wide eyes. There was nothing there. Nothing. Do I have a ghost?
- Over-explanation. This includes prologues. “Prologues are never needed. You can usually throw them in the garbage. They’re usually put on as a patch.”
- Too much data. “You’re trying to seduce your…
the best pranks are the super harmless ones
like why would you pull someones pants down in public or like put them in danger or humiliate them when you can just baffle them by leaving tiny plastic camels all over their house or…